The Delaware Department of State will be closed on Monday, May 27th, in observance of Memorial Day. Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 28th. More Info logo

Board of Pardons

Overseeing all of Delaware's Pardons, Reprieves, Commutations of Sentence, and Executive Clemency.

How to Apply for an Expungement

To determine whether you are eligible for an expungement under 11 Del. Code § 4371 – 4375, you must contact the State Bureau of Identification (SBI). If you are eligible, SBI will provide you with a letter with further instructions. If you are not eligible, you will be directed to apply for a pardon.

Juvenile convictions are considered to be adjudications of delinquency rather than “convictions” and therefore, may be expunged absent any adult convictions. Also, see 10 Del. Code. §1025.

Related Topics:  , , , , , , ,